Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Setting up Jenkins on CentOS

It's been a while since I needed to install Jenkins, but I'm getting to the point where I'd like my code in GitHub (eventually pushed down to my own Git server on my CentOS box, once I figure out SSH), to be checked against tests whenever commits are made. Jenkins is the most kick-ass CI tool I know about. Setting it up is relatively easy, and getting it to play with Github is a cinch.

I followed the following steps to get it mostly up and running:
http://www.andrewzammit.com/blog/installing-jenkins-ci-on-centos-6-x-tomcat-with-an-ajp-proxy/

The only thing I'm not completely sure about is AJP. This is something outside the realm of my experience, and if it breaks, or if I have to learn more, I will, but for now, I want my box to pull against my repo, and if there's a change, pull, run tests, notify developers (rinse, repeat).

The only issue I really ran into was that Jenkins didn't run on the default java I had installed, so a quick update to my CentOS java via:

yum install java-1.7.0-openjdk

And now I have Jenkins up and running on CentOS!

Next is to figure out some good ole VPN fun, and then SSH (or the other way around).

No comments:

Post a Comment